- Cho Seung-Hui is pure evil
- Cho Seung Hui, if you had a myspace, Tom wouldnt be your friend.
- Cho Seung-Hui can go to hell
- Cho Seung-Hui never got laid!
- Cho Seung-Hui was efffed up yo!
- Cho Seung-Hui Is A Douchebag
- Cho Seung-Hui is a coward and will rot in hell!
- Cho Seung-Hui IS A pile of SHIT!!!
- Cho Seung-Hui is a fucking dumbass
- Cho Seung-Hui should not be buried in America
- Cho Seung-Hui is a pussy
- FUCK CHO SEUNG HUI [several variations of this one]
- If I Met Cho Seung-Hui I'd Mess His Life Up
- I HATE Cho Seung-Hui !
- I Hope Cho Seung-Hui Burns in Hell
And the list goes on. A search of his name results in 177 groups. Are there group names of compassion? Sure there are. Thank goodness. But it is still so sad, disappointing, scary to see so much hate. People are angry. I get that. Would I be able to respond with such immediate compassion like the Amish affected by Nickel Mines were a similar tragedy to happen to me? I couldn't guarantee it, but I know my response would not be like some of these groups. I would venture a guess that many of these groups' creators and members are not directly related to VT; I don't know. How will our world ever get better if we don't care for each other? If we don't care that so many people are hurting? That so many people need help? That includes people who commit terrible acts against others.
On a much lighter note, the last sentence of the following I've read in several articles about VT puzzles me:
A doctor at a Blacksburg hospital described the injuries he saw Monday as "amazing" and the shooter as "brutal." "There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital.
Because wouldn't the sentence, "There wasn't a shooting victim that [who] had less [fewer] than three bullet wounds in them," (emphasis on the had, not my other comments) mean what he intends? So one would think that saying "didn't have less" would mean the opposite. And, yet, I don't think it does. This has been bugging me for days, and I keep thinking through it slowly in my head trying to work out where the double negative or something is to make it the opposite, but it seems that they do actually mean the same thing. But I welcome someone to prove me wrong because then all would again feel right in my grammar world.
1 comment:
Erin, if you shot up my school I wouldn't make a nasty facebook group about you.
Post a Comment