Tuesday, April 24, 2007
"the break-up song"
The other morning on the radio they were having people call in with songs they hate to admit they love. One of the callers' was "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men, and the dj was like, "Oh! The break-up song!" which struck me as sort of funny because my memory of it is a get-together song. I know that doesn't make much sense given the lyrics, but I don't know that I ever heard/read the lyrics too closely, so... The song fits in my story as the last song played at my eighth grade rec (the party for 8th graders at the end of the school year). I think it was the only song I danced to all night, and as the song was ending, my date asked me if I wanted to go out with him. Aw. And that's the memory "End of the Road" always conjures for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've never even heard that song.
and it is definitely okay that you lol-ed
Post a Comment