According to aides, in his State of the Union address tonight, W "will propose long-term plans to promote alternative energy sources and take on an issue his critics say he has largely ignored for five years: the rising cost of health care."
Dare I hope??
Bush to aim speech at 'kitchen table' issues
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you hear the part about how Bush is opposed to research that would produce human-animal hybrids?? I mean come on! Who wouldn't be against that! And I want to know how the heck someone can devise a way to run a car off of switchgrass.
Mike, I'm not against human-animal hybrids. Haven't you ever heard of HUMANZEE or a CHUMAN? my personal favorite is the MANPANZEE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee
Yeah, Mike, really, are you seriously NOT pro-human-animal hybrids? Bleeding heart liberals, ruining our country... No, that sounds like a super dumb thing to include in his address (I missed the address because I went to a lecture on prehistoric peoples of KS). Way to take a stand on something, Bush!
Robbie, I agree that Manpanzee is an excellent term. It's funny because it sounds like "man pansy." Really, though, I think the whole naming scheme is very sexist—it's obvious it was chosen just so "woman" would never appear, and "man" appears in each one. Why not do first part dam's name and second part sire's name? Then we could have the Chuman (female chimp and male human) and the Womanpanzee (female human and male chimp). Inclusive and fair since "man" still gets to be in there. Just kidding; I'm not offended in the least. Besides, it's all made up for in the descriptions at the end which kind of imply that females are weak but intelligent and males are just strong and stupid. Again, I kid.
Post a Comment