Thursday, December 15, 2005

In keeping with the theme of the last post, who came first: naked women or the Grinch?

When you get done shopping at 10:20 pm, there aren't a lot of options for supper if you're not in the mood for McDonald's or Taco Tico or a nicer sit-down place. So we ended up at Hooters. This is not a common default choice; the last and only other time I was there was my sophomore year of high school. The food was ok, the music was too loud, but my real complaint is the waitresses were wearing practically nothing! No, just kidding, my real complaint is that we got crappy service. As in, no asking if I wanted my water refilled, no checking how our meals were, no smile. It's true that I'm not going to give you a better tip if you flirt with my boyfriend like I saw you and other waitresses doing at tables of all males, but it's not true that I'm not going to give you a good tip just because I'm a female and it's Hooters. I'm going to give you a decent tip if you provide decent service.

No comments: