Monday, October 30, 2006

What my morning was like

I'm sleeping during my first "snooze" of the morning, so it's about 7 a.m. I hear "nyeaaaaa hee hee hee hee heeeeeee" (think something like a laugh you might hear on one of those Halloween sound effects CDs) and then a lot of other chatter and then some banging around. I think there must be a large group of kids/teens walking past my house, and I also for some reason wonder if they're trick-or-treating, but that's just an aside. Then Nibbert starts freaking out, running around the room, from window to window. This of course gets my attention a little more and I am fully awake and look out the window where Nibbert is at and, whoa, there are legs. I realize what is going on and I go get Nibbert and force her back onto the bed and try to pet and calm her, but the whole time she is struggling to get free and also struck with bouts of trembling. In conclusion, I think I speak for everyone in the house when I say, "It would have been REALLY nice to know that our house is getting re-roofed today!"

No comments: