
The birthday celebration mentioned in the last post was a blast. It’s funny (and fun) how sometimes you can feel like you’ve just been transported back to a different time in your life. A couple of times—especially when we were laughing at her dad’s jokes—it felt just like we were back in middle school, giggling like crazy. I had to think of one of our P.E. teachers and her nickname for us, which she always signed to us whenever she saw us: giggleboxes.
We did the homeless shelter again Monday night. It was crazy busy. There were 27 residents (one of those a 5-year-old and one a baby, but still—SO full!), and I felt like I was running around the whole time. Other times I’ve had more of a chance to sit and relax and talk to people, but it didn’t feel that way this time. I did color with the 5-year-old for a while. I do say, my seahorse picture turned out quite nicely. But that was fun; some interaction time with the kid and her mom. Real sweeties. Having that many people there (and, in my opinion, so many young females) brought about more drama, and there were several interpersonal conflicts, and I had to tell a couple of women’s rooms to be quiet and go to sleep several times. The place is maxed out, and they can’t accept any more people.
Ok, this fork cracks me up. It came with some “just add water and microwave” “Thai” dish that advertised “fork included!” It’s seriously so small and frail. Yeah, I think I’ll eat a bunch of spaghetti noodles with a fork that will most likely break under the weight of them...



Its size does, however, provide for some nifty magic tricks:
1 comment:
Yeah if you can get me in fo free.
You make me laugh. Well... you know the fork makes me laugh.
Arg!!! That big test in QC I was whining about last week... I got a 60 out of 68... and still got second highest score in the class. I'll probably post some new quotes by him as well.
Post a Comment