Some days I think I could be an exercise nut. You know, one of those people who runs like daily. And enjoys it. Like yesterday I felt this way I ran* for 50 minutes straight and felt like I could have kept going. But I wanted to make sure I could get in my 15 minutes of stairs and have time to stretch afterward, so I quit. (*and when I talk about "running," I'm talking about on the elliptical; I'm not so good yet(?) at the pure running) But I haven't forgotten those other days that are not so good. Like last Saturday. My personal experience is that it takes me a little while to enjoy running like usually about 15 minutes. Those first 15 minutes are sort of painful and I want to quit, but I just force myself to keep going. Last night it was only 10 minutes. But last Saturday, ugh, last Saturday was 35 minutes. And that really sucked. Great! I got to enjoy the last 10 minutes! Woo hoo! I'm glad the vast majority of times are not like that; I'd probably give up all together.
Random stats from my workout last night: 3 out of 4 cars of the people who shut the place down last night were new model (2003 or newer) Toyota Corollas; 3 out of 5 people who shut the place down last night were BC grads.
What else of interest from life recently... Last Friday I went to a pool hall with one of my friends. When I think pool hall, I think smoky/hazy, dim/dingy, but this place was well lit and not too loud and didn't seem that smoky (though the clothes I wore that night beg to differ...even six days later). It was fun except that I'm incredibly poor at pool, so playing in a crowded place devoted to the sport was quite embarrassing at times. But it was fun. And I even got hit on. Evening=success! Haha.
When I was leaving, it was time for songs that evoke memories. The first song that came on the radio was Kokomo, which always reminds me of this friend who I had been with that night since it's in the movie Cocktail, and we watched that a lot in middle school (she loved Tom Cruise). The next song that came on was Rock the Boat that wonderful song that Travis the Trout sang. Can I just say I can't wait for Easter to get here?! Then there was song disappointment: My most hated song currently is Lips of an Angel. I can not stand it. And what came on the radio? A country version of the song. Gag.
Last night I watched a movie that totally reminded me of a movie the mod would watch. Not only was it a stalker movie, it was a stalker movie with Shannen Doherty.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been running lately, outside, I can run for like 12 feet before I want to cut my legs off...I miss the elliptical.
Post a Comment