Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I bought a meat thermometer!

I cooked my first whole bird last night (well, once I crockpotted a pheasant; I didn't use a meat thermometer, but I probably should have). Is it strange to view this as some sort of life milestone? I made one of those beer butt chicken things, and it was tasty. I should perhaps get one of those stand things for the future. The little guy stood up for quite a while, but I guess he got a little tired after an hour and 45 minutes. I'm just glad not enough of him was hanging over the edge of the dish to start a grease fire or something. Especially since I left it unattended for a while to go do some Amnesty International holiday card action.

Life in the recent past has been sweet. This past extended weekend was spent in Colorado visiting Tine and skiing at Loveland. It was much fun. An interesting and yummy highlight was eating at Abyssinia, an Ethiopian restaurant (my first time to eat Ethiopian). Even though we were told that some of the things "you cannot eat!" I'd say we still had very delicious fitfit.

This weekend begins family Christmas get-togethers for me, and I am indeed looking forward to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that link?

erin said...

i searched your name in quotes on images.google.com — it was the only one that came up. i thought you might get a kick out of it, but i can unlink it if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

definitely do NOT unlink that - that is hilarious. I mean, it'd be more funny if it were someone else, but I must embrace my high school geekiness. It was just the surprise of a lifetime. I'm sure I could come up with a more embarrassing link, so let's go with this. well done, Nancy Drew.