I was racking my brain (oops, accidentally typed "brian," which would have had a completely different meaning all together...) for something semi-interesting to post since it's been a while now, and I realized, "Wow, I ate at a lot of restaurants this weekend." Here's a review:
The Breadbasket (Newton): I'm sad to say that I think the tastiness factor of the BB has gone down. My verenike and gravy were not as flavorful as I remembered. :( They have added bohne berrogi, which is cool, but the sauce is more like sweetened condensed milk than what I think of as true bohne berrogi sauce. [ :( #2 ] They still have the most kick-ass horseradish sauce though.
Great Wall (Hutchinson): We chose it for its Mongolian BBQ, and it was tasty. And also well-priced. You can eat from the full Chinese hot buffet and/or the Mongolian BBQ (an all-you-can-eat Mongolian BBQ) for supper for $7.99. Lunch is $6.25. I did only one plate of Mongolian BBQ and, while the selection is not quite that of the Mong. BBQ I've been to in KC, I thought the taste was just as good.
Italian Garden (Wichita): I've eaten at this restaurant a number of times, and I continue to think it's an excellent value. A meal of lasagna (of which I took half home and had for supper the next night) that comes with cooked carrots and snap peas, salad, and breadsticks costs $6.25, I think. They make their own pasta, and the breadsticks are my favorite breadsticks. There are at least two locations, and I prefer the atmosphere of the one on 21st Street.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment